Wednesday 28 November 2012

Kickboxing

Halfway through October I was feeling really bored with running and doing "The Shred."  My boyfriend suggested something new like kickboxing. It took me another week of looking at the website that I found and an email asking a lot of questions did I gather up enough courage to actually go to my first class. My first class was a lot of fun, and it was hard work! That was about five weeks ago. Since then I have been going at least 3 times per week. I have steadily noticed improvements with my technique, flexibility, and strength. This is my new love! I have made it a goal to go at least three times per week so that I can do this to replace running in winter time. I am now a little bit obsessed. I want to go everyday. I love the mornings when I wake up feeling sore from last night's workout. It's glorious. Running only made me sore because my knees are bad. This is a good, muscle soreness that I cherish. I feel like I am getting fitter, and it actually brightens my mood a lot. My boyfriend has noticed. The website says that kickboxing will help me release my inner frustrations. I didn't know that I had inner anger until I started kickboxing. Now, the problem is keeping in my frustrations when I'm not in kickboxing class! I think before, I was holding in all of my frustrations and anger so no one knew I had them. Now it's all let out in a positive way in class, and sometimes in a negative way at my boyfriend when I haven't been to class in a couple days. I NEED to go to kickboxing. I need that faucet of release.
What I love about the class is that it's run by women and only women attend. It's non-competitive, and it doesn't matter how "good" you are at kickboxing. What does matter is how hard you are working. If you cheat on an exercise, you're only cheating yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment